We will be having a welcome reception for Rev. Tara Paul and her family on her first Sunday, June 24th, so please mark your calendars to attend worship and stay after to welcome Pastor Tara to IPUMC! IPUMC will provide a main meat, please bring sides or a dessert to share. Let’s show Pastor Tara a warm Inman Park welcome!
Fun Facts about Rev. Tara:
- Tara went to six colleges/universities before getting her BA in Religion from UGA with 365 semester hours. They are Dekalb College (Dual Enrollment in High School), Huntingdon College, Georgia State, The Ohio State University, Columbus State, (Georgia State again), and UGA.
- She got her Master of Divinity from Emory (Candler School of Theology) and her Doctorate of Ministry from Columbia Theological Seminary (dissertation on the inclusion of pop culture in worship).
- She was a pescatarian for two years but gave into the wooing of bacon. Because bacon.
- Tara won the sunflower seed spitting contest at her job during their version of the Olympics Games (and will reenact it for you while singing as if she’s Gaston from Beauty and the Beast)
- She is still friends with her best friend from high school who is also an Ordained Elder in the UMC.
- Tara is third generation clergy.
- One day, she is going to write a sermon about pockets. Because seriously what’s up with women’s pockets and the lack thereof.
- Cheese Curds. She knows that Ben Franklin said that wine (or beer) is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. He never had a cheese curd that squeaked when it rubbed against his teeth.
- Tara has seen the Indigo Girls in concert more than 10 times.
- She thinks the best Christmas movie of all time is Die Hard.
- Tara and Jim will celebrate their 20th anniversary this November. They have two children: Hannah (18) and Carter (14). They also have three pets: a dog named Scout (Jack Russell mix) and two cats named Cleo and Gidget.
- She ran a half marathon once. Once. It was the worse idea she ever had. 13.1 miles with a torn gluteus medius. Never again.
You can learn more about her through her youtube video: found here.
If you would like to send a welcome note to Pastor Tara, her email is firstname.lastname@example.org and her current mailing address is:
1120 Arya Dr.
Roswell, GA 30076